Mahindra took the wraps off the all-new XUV700 (pronounced as XUV, 7 double ‘Oh’) in South Africa.
The Mahindra XUV700 has beaten all records since its India launch in August 2021, raising the bar with its spirited performance, world-class safety features and unmissable presence. This powerhouse of an SUV is passionately engineered to dial-up adrenaline like never before. The XUV700 will come in three variants, all fitted with a 2.0 litre petrol-turbo engine and a smooth six-speed automatic transmission.
Unveiled in June to audiences around South Africa, the XUV700 is now ready for customers to order, across Mahindra’s entire dealer network. The XUV700 displays the new ‘Twin Peaks’ logo representing the bold new direction Mahindra has embarked on with new-age products that have been designed to deliver a new-age ownership experience.
The Mahindra XUV700 won the coveted Indian Car of the Year (ICOTY). The ICOTY symbolises value for money, reliability, design, tech innovation, fuel efficiency, driving appeal and suitability for the Indian market. In addition, it has won over 40 other awards in India for its combination of ‘sci-fi’ technology, spirited performance, and world-class safety systems.
Rajesh Gupta, CEO, Mahindra South Africa said: “The XUV700 heralds an entirely new range of Mahindra models that will arrive in the next six months. As the first model to carry our new Twin Peaks logo, it is also the first Mahindra SUV that welcomes an entirely new phase for the brand. Mahindra shared its vision for South Africa at the global reveal in June, promising a new era for the brand with a significantly elevated customer experience and an even-larger network of servicing dealers. In South Africa, the XUV700 is also our invitation to our Mahindra family to head out and explore the world around them. With its power and capabilities, the XUV700 allows every family to explore their active living.”
An exclusive offer for the first 700 confirmed bookings.
Mahindra will open pre-orders starting 15 November with a first-come, first-served policy until the 30th of November. Each of the first 700 customers who places an order online and completes the pre-order will receive a unique code that will be confirmed in the order books. If the customer pays his/her fully-refundable deposit of R5 000 at a dealer, he/she will have the option to choose from a free service plan and warranty extension up to 7 years, or a package of R3 000 fuel card, custom-fitted XUV700 side steps and a Mahindra tow bar.
About Mahindra XUV700
Packing an unmissable presence, tough yet sophisticated experience, spirited performance, world-class safety and sci-fi technology, the disruptive XUV700 is set to redefine the benchmarks.
- The striking front grille with new Twin Peaks logo takes pride of place.
- The authentic SUV stance and the wide track hint at performance ably supported by the overall vehicle dynamics.
- XUV700 has LED Clear-view Headlamps with Automatic Boosting, LED daytime running lights and LED sequential indicators. At the rear, the arrow-tip tail lights utilise LED technology, with an additional high-level LED brake lamp.
- Conventional door handles giving way to invisible ‘Smart door handles’, a first-in-segment by XUV700.
- Prominent wheel haunches above the arches, especially at the rear help achieve a sporty stance, making the XUV700 look fast even while standing still.
Tough yet sophisticated.
New from the ground up, the XUV700 underpins a completely new platform for the brand that has set the direction for the SUVs of tomorrow, with advanced engineering, latest technology and impeccable craftmanship. The body makes use of enhanced high tensile and ultra-high tensile steels that increase the toughness and torsional rigidity while reducing the overall weight of the vehicle, contributing to reduced fuel consumption.
The all-independent suspension set-up of the XUV700 was developed with varied road surfaces in mind.
- XUV700 offers best in class performance through multi-link suspension with stabiliser bar & FSD (Frequency Selective Damping) technology.
- While superior ride comfort is guaranteed, it also provides unparalleled dynamic capabilities in tune with the performance on offer.
At the heart of the XUV700, Mahindra has fitted a 2.0 mStallion turbo-petrol engine, delivering exhilarating performance, 149 kW at 5000 rpm and class-leading torque of 380 Nm available in full from 1 750 rpm that brings a rush like never before. This engine provides refined motoring and linear power delivery.
All versions of the XUV700 are fitted with Mahindra’s smooth-shifting 6-speed automatic transmission. This transmission was remapped to perfectly match the power profile of the petrol engine at South African cruising speeds.
The XUV700, the first of a new generation of SUVs from Mahindra, comes packed with a whole lot of features.
The new Mahindra Super screen – a combination of two high-definition 26 cm digital screens for the digital cluster and infotainment systems – takes pride of place in the Mahindra XUV700 cabin. The UI on these screens is highly customisable and allows for a detailed view of vehicle information.
All three variants of the XUV700 in South Africa are fitted with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, which allow for a seamless connection with any smartphone. This also allows the driver to interact with his/her smartphone via the large infotainment screen and uses voice commands through Android auto and Apple car play.
Another treat across the entire XUV700 range is Mahindra’s SkyroofTM. This panoramic sunroof covers most of the passenger compartment and creates an airy and light ambience in the cabin.
Mahindra has partnered with SONY to customise the sound experience inside the XUV700. In the flagship AX7 L, the sound system is upgraded to a 12-speaker SONY system with full immersive 3D sound. The AX7 L also treats its owner with wireless charging and fully automatic electronic door handles.
On the AX7 L, Mahindra has added a Blind View Monitor system as standard. It has also included four digital cameras, mounted in the nose, tailgate and side mirrors, for a 360-degree bird’s-eye view of the vehicle when manoeuvring or parking. This system can be set to continuously record while driving, negating the need for a traditional dashcam.
World class safety.
Safety is one of the core pillars of the XUV700 experience, it incorporates many path-breaking safety features.
- 7 is a sign of perfection when it comes to the XUV700, with 7 airbags on the top variant; comprising of driver and passenger front airbags, curtains across all three rows, side airbags and a driver knee airbag.
- The AX7 versions of the XUV700 offer comprehensive Advanced Driving Assistance Systems (ADAS) as standard. These include Smart Pilot Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keep Assist and event Traffic Sign Recognition as standard.
- All versions of the XUV700 also have the newest generation stability control as standard, and all models feature personalised safety alerts.
- The XUV700 AX7 models also have automatic headlamps with High Beam Assist, which not only switches automatically between low and high beam but can adapt its LED headlamp array to dynamically adjust its illumination of dark areas on the road, without blinding oncoming traffic.
- Safety on the AX7 range is further taken care of by the tyre pressure monitoring system, the additional reverse camera and an intelligent driver drowsiness detection system to warn a driver if his or her reactions start slowing down or if the driver’s face shows signs of drowsiness or of being distracted.
- The AX7 L also has a Stop and Go driving function as part of its adaptive cruise control, allowing for stress-free driving in city traffic.
Range, colour and pricing.
Three models are available at launch, all fitted with the new 2.0 litre petrol-turbo engine and smooth six-speed automatic transmission.
Buyers can choose between Everest White, Midnight Black, Dazzling Silver, Red Rage and the global launch colour – Electric Blue.
The three models are:
Mahindra XUV700 AX5 – R474 999
Mahindra XUV700 AX7 – R524 999
Mahindra XUV700 AX7 L – R559 999
To support Mahindra customers, several repayment options are available. They are:
Mahindra XUV700 AX5
R5 999 (72 months, 40% balloon, 10% deposit)
R6 999 (72 months, 40% balloon, no deposit)
Mahindra XUV700 AX7
R6 599 (72 months, 40% balloon, 10% deposit)
R7 599 (72 months, 40% balloon, no deposit)
Mahindra XUV700 AX7 L
R6 999 (72 months, 40% balloon, 10% deposit)
R7 999 (72 months, 40% balloon, no deposit)
The XUV700 is sold with a comprehensive 5-year/100,000km service plan and a 5-year/150,000km mechanical warranty. A 24/7/365 Roadside Assistance Plan is included for the same period.
XUV700: Global Premiere